Fashion, Furniture and Fabulous Finds
Our Thrift Shop prides itself on being among the best shops in New England. It is welcoming, organized and accessible. Stop by, and you'll find everything you need in our shops. We have like-new clothing, footwear, housewares, vintage goods, collectibles and furniture. There's always something new and we make an effort to be "in-season".
Also find us on ThriftShopper.com
Thank you for donating or considering a donation to the Freeport Community Services Thrift Shop. Your donation of gently used clothing, furniture and household items helps us all. Recycling helps our planet by keeping useful items out of a landfill, helps strengthen our communities by funding programs and services for Freeport Community Services and provides a good opportunity for thrifty shoppers to find great bargains.
Donations can be dropped off on the Loading Dock at Freeport Community Services, 57 Depot Street at any time or brought inside the Community Center during normal business hours, M-F 9-5p, SAT 9-4p. A receipt for tax purposes is available in the Thrift Shop.
WE GLADLY ACCEPT (IN CLEAN AND WORKING CONDITION)
• Clothing- men's, women’s and children’s-all seasons (no used socks and underwear)
• Area rugs
• Books (not damaged and not text books)
• Dishes, pots and pans
• Furniture (upon approval |no baby furniture due to liability)
• Clean Linen, bedding and towels
• Lamps in working order
• Lawn furniture
• Shoes and boots
• Toys & puzzles- (must be complete without any missing pieces)
WE DO NOT ACCEPT
Although we appreciate all donations, there are items that we do not accept.
Did you know? Our annual disposal costs are approximately $1,200. This equals to nearly 500 gallons of heating oil or 6 weeks of camp scholarships.
FCS money is better spent on our community, so we ask that you please read the following list of items that we are unable to accept and please dispose of them properly.
Learn more about disposal guidelines here:
• Used socks or underwear
• Hand tools, lawn and garden tools
• Hazardous Wastes (lead acid batteries, paints, fuels, solvents, oils or equipment containing these)
• Household or industrial Chemicals
• Large and small appliances, microwave ovens
• Mattresses, box springs, waterbeds
• Computers, copiers, printers or cartridges
• TVs in any condition
• Used car seats, baby furniture (due to liability)
• Exercise equipment
• Old cell phones, wire hangers nor recycling of any kind.